History of Grainthorpe Primary School
The school is situated on the edge of the village of Grainthorpe where most of the children live. Others usually come from the surrounding communities of Wragholme, Conisholme, Ludney and Austen Fen. Currently, a number of children also come from other nearby villages, in preference to their local school. No transport is provided to the school. The present building dates from 1852, when it was built by subscription at the cost of £270. In the last few years the County Council has made a major investment in the school, firstly converting the former school house into an office, staffroom and storage accommodation, and then building a double classroom extension, with toilets, to replace mobile units. Government Capital Funding has recently enabled us to add an additional classroom and a Hall. With its excellent adjoining playing field as well, the school can now offer first-rate facilities for all aspects of education.